Summer holidays in Carinthia
Fit in the summer
Summer in the Nockberge mountains at Heidi-Alm Bergresort has a lot to offer as far as sporting activities go: hiking, climbing, Nordic walking or jogging on the high-altitude trail, fishing, mountain biking, golf and even yoga.
Yoga is more a holistic approach to promote relaxation and balance to body, mind and spirit. Which setting could be more appropriate to regain vitality, find one’s inner self and boost the feeling of zest for life than on alpine pastures? In the summer months of July and August Gisela Köfer herself introduces guests of the Heidi-Hotels into the secrets of “Hatha-Yoga“. 40 years of yoga experience and numerous happy visitors speak for themselves. Reservations required on booking!
Biking in the Nocky mountains
Beginners, families, summiteers and real bike freaks will be delighted: the mountains and lakes to the south of the main alpine ridge not just offers breathtaking views of the whole of Carinthia, Falkert also provides the ideal base for not less than 43 tour possibilities of more than 1,100 kilometers.
Moreover, bikers can look forward to the professional Nockbike service including
- 43 well signposted tours planned to every detail
- more than 1,100 km of cycling and mountain biking trails
- over 23,000 altitude meters – up to 2,060 per tour
- perfect maps (e.g. the Nockbike map, available for € 8 at the tourist office)
- hotel own storage room for bikes including repair facility
Carinthia’s golf paradise near Bad Kleinkirchheim
Golfers too, will get their money’s worth at Heidi-Hotel. Located nearby at the foot of Falkert mountain, the Bad Kleinkirchheim golf course, or one of the five courses found within 30 kilometers, invite you to spend sunny hours on excellent fairways and greens.
In addition to our wide range of activities on choice, there’s a varied “Falkert-Aktiv“ program with climbing, trial golf, Nordic walking, mountain biking, sun-rise hikes and much more offered by the sports school for our guests to experience together with true sports experts. For more details go to www.heidialm.at.
See here if you want to hear more about the Nockberge summer sports paradise.
Our hotel premises are made for guests looking for rest and being at one with nature; however, a wide range of activities is also offered as a break from daily routine!?
Sample of our weekly schedule of activities:
- Monday: guided hike with Mr. Köfer (also for beginners)... Walking time approx. 3 hours; possibility of massage or beauty treatments in the afternoon
- Tuesday: practice on the climbing wall in front of the hotel; bingo evening with Mrs. Köfer
- Wednesday: guided hike with Mr. Köfer – walking time approx. 3-4 hours including stopover and concluding “Speik“ plant footbath, cocktail party on the terrace
- Thursday: rafting excursion or a visit to the Heidi-Alm alpine pasture with the children; in the evening crossbow shooting with Mr. Köfer
- Friday: family outing with picnic at one of the hotel’s own alpine chalets or “goulash cannon“ party at the little lake – possibility of massage or beauty treatments in the afternoon
- Saturday/Sunday: excursions through beautiful Carinthia or swimming at one of the many scenic lakes?
Guests can also choose from a wide range of activities out of the Falkert-Aktiv-Programm offered by the sports school’s animators such as climbing, trial golf, Nordic walking, mountain biking and much more. For detailed info see www.falkert.at